Disney's Animal Kingdom guide.
1st October 2018
2018/2019 Disney Dining Plan Restaurants.
1st October 2018
Disney Springs, more than 150 stores, restaurants and entertainment locations.
1st October 2018
Kingdom's 500 acres are home to some 1,700 animals representing 250 different species throughout the park. A ride on the Kilimanjaro Safari will give you a chance to see many of them as they take you through the African Savannah . If you do want a chance to get better pictures, Animal Kingdom offers the Wild Africa Trek, a tour that gives you up-close views of the animals, sends you on a rope bridge over hippos and crocodiles and lunch in a private safari camp on the savannah.
As the Park's perennial icon, the Tree of Life is truly a work of art in the best Disney tradition. At 145 ft, this 14 story artificial tree has the images of more than 300 animals hand-carved into its trunk. The base of the Tree of Life is home to the 3D film It's Tough to be a Bug.
"Disney's Animal Kingdom is the largest park at Walt Disney World with areas representing several different continents and their respective cultures and environments. Navigate the jungle paths to rides like Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris before you stop for a bite at Yak & Yeti or explore the alien world of Pandora - The World of Avatar. "
On May 27, 2017 Disney’s Animal Kingdom welcomed a brand-new land to the park. Pandora – The World of Avatar is an extremely immersive area of the park that allows guests to walk into the world of the Na'vi. This land inspired by James Cameron’s film Avatar has floating mountains, two attractions, and so much more. Flight of Passage is a thrilling attraction that allows guests to fly on the back of a banshee as they glide around Pandora. Na'vi River Journey is a slow moving boat ride that showcases the beauty of the bioluminescent forest of Pandora. Guests will also see the unique animals of Pandora, as well and pass by mystical Shaman of Songs. The environment is exceptionally detailed, and the bioluminescent plants really morph this entire land so in order to take in all of Pandora – The World of Avatar make sure to visit both in the daytime and at night. If you like shopping check out Windtraders, which offers unique souvenirs like a mechanical banshee, Na’vi artifacts and much more.
- It's Tough to be a Bug : Discover what it’s like to be a bug during this 3D film and live show inspired by the Disney•Pixar film A Bug’s Life. FastPass+ is available, but unnecessary.
- Tree of Life : Celebrating all living creatures, this iconic centerpiece is the symbol of Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.
- Pandora - The World of Avatar : The World of Avatar provides eco-tourists the opportunity to join Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) for the transformational experience of a lifetime—filled with unforgettable expeditions, floating mountains, a bioluminescent forest, winged mountain banshees and more.
- Avatar Flight of Passage : Fly on the back of a mountain banshee during an exhilarating, 3D ride above this vast moon, only at Pandora – The World of Avatar. FastPass+ is necessity for this, if you’re unable to get a FastPass+, do Avatar Flight of Passage first thing in the morning or get in line just before the park closes.
- Na'vi River Journey : Journey deep into a bioluminescent rainforest in search of the Na’vi Shaman of Songs, only at Pandora – The World of Avatar. FastPass+ is recommended for this, if you’re unable to get a FastPass+, do Avatar Flight of Passage first thing in the morning or get in line just before the park closes.
- Festival of the Lion King : Delight in a musical extravaganza celebrating The Lion King—one of the greatest animated films of all time! FastPass+ is available, but we don’t recommend you use it here unless your seating location really matters.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris : Ride off in an open-air vehicle for a day or evening tour of a lush African savanna, home to real-live exotic animals. FastPass+ is recommended for this and trying to get on one of the first safaris of the day.
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail: Explore a lush tropical forest inhabited by native African wildlife including gorillas, hippos and exotic birds. Trying do this of the first thing in the morning.
- Conservation Station : Explore a wildlife conservation center home to animal encounters, interactive exhibits and a veterinary facility. the best time to do it is the middle of the day when everything else is busy.
- Finding Nemo - The Musical : Based on the hit animated movie, this must-“sea” adventure makes a splash with spectacular music and stunning theatrical puppetry. FastPass+ is available, but we don’t recommend you use it here unless your seating location really matters.
- Maharajah Jungle Trek: Embark on a self-guided walking tour of Southeast Asia—home to tigers, dozens of bird species, a flying fox and a Komodo dragon. Trying do this of the first thing in the morning.
- Kali River Rapids : Set out on a rip-roaring, river raft ride through a lush jungle landscape ravaged by illegal logging. FastPass+ is recommended for this, if you’re unable to get a FastPass+, try do Kali River Rapids first thing in the morning or get in line just before the park closes.
- Expedition Everest : Careen through the Himalayan mountains on a speeding train while avoiding the clutches of the mythic Abominable Snowman. FastPass+ is recommended for this, if you’re unable to get a FastPass+, try do Expedition Everest first thing in the morning or get in line just before the park closes., and the wait time through the Single Rider line is typically less than 10 minutes.
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure : Discover some of the world’s most exotic birds during an all-new show starring those fun-loving pals from Disney•Pixar’s Up! FastPass+ is available, but unnecessary.
- Primeval Whirl : Spin and slide on a time-machine coaster back to the dinosaur age through a madcap maze of curves and drops. FastPass+ is available, but unnecessary.
- TriceraTop Spin: Fly high on a dinosaur around a twirling tin-toy top at this delightful carnival-inspired attraction.
- DINOSAUR : Take off on a scary, prehistoric tour aboard a rip-roaring Time Rover to save a dinosaur from extinction. FastPass + is moderately recommended.
- Rivers of Light : Embrace the magic of nature during a nighttime scene awash with captivating special effects, music and animal folklore. FastPass + is moderately recommended. If you can not get the FastPass +, we recommend arriving 30 min early.
- Tree of Life Awakenings : Witness the majestic centerpiece of Disney’s Animal Kingdom park as it comes alive at night like never before! After night falls, pay special attention to the Tree of Life at the center of Disney’s Animal Kingdom park. Approximately every 10 minutes, flickering fireflies magically appear and stir to life the wondrous animals spirits carved into the tree’s towering trunk—bringing to light a stunning visual swarming with vivid color and animated imagery. There are at least 4 different types of animation.